We all have natural strengths and weaknesses.
Once upon a time, training and development focused on everyone being good at everything, which meant that you worked extra hard trying to make your natural weaknesses stronger. The problem was no matter how much training you got, if you were not talented in a particular area, you would never be great!
Today, more attention is being paid to identifying your talents – your most natural thoughts, feelings and behaviors. Your talents are foundational and reflected in your personality, interests, values, spiritual gifts and calling. Add more experience, knowledge and skills to your talents to build your strengths.
So how about you take a look at your strengths?
Discover Your Strengths.
To get a well-rounded view of your strengths, order our 7-Step Crossroads Career Workbook. In Step 3 Aptitude, you will see recommended 4 steps:
- Self-Assessments: Think of these exercises as interviewing yourself. Complete all 3 Exercises to inventory your experiences, accomplishments and keywords.
- Reference Assessments: Ask people from work, school, family and friends about your experience, accomplishments, abilities, values, interests and personality.
- Professional Assessments: We recommend three professional online assessments to give you more insight into you: PLACE, Career Direct and StrengthsFinder assessments.
- Most importantly, enter keywords from all your assessments in our Read & Write Devotional “Discover Your Strengths” about your Gifts, Passions and Calling.
You are God’s Masterpiece.
Once you work through these 4 steps, the better you will understand how you are God’s masterpiece in terms of 6 factors:
- Experiences: Your background – Personal, educational, vocational.
- Abilities: What you do best – Talents, knowledge, skills.
- Personality: How you do what you do best – Natural behavior traits.
- Interests: What you like best – People, places, things and activities you enjoy.
- Values: What is important to you – Work and life purpose, principles or points of pain.
- The X Factor: Your spiritual gifts and calling.
Once you see what you do best, then you can better find employers and customers who need it most! For more job search and career resources, sign-up for free at www.crossroadscareer.org/register.
Updated July 31, 2016