For the Past
Since God first brought together a handful of people to start Crossroads Career Services, Inc. in 1987, more than 40,000 people have helped one another find jobs, careers and God’s calling. God’s ministry to and through us in the workplace has drawn people nearer to Him.
For the Present
2015 is an exciting and fruitful year for Crossroads Career Network. Some of the highlights are:
- Over 5,000 prayer requests lifted up for explorers via our website.
- A church began leveraging our resources in prison, working with those who will be transitioning out in the next year or so, preparing them for the critical task of finding a job, while making sure they know that they are God’s workmanship.
- We’ve conducted several pilot “live online workshops” for those who aren’t able to attend a church in their area that is providing assistance. This approach shows great promise to reach those we don’t traditionally serve or who aren’t close to a member church.
- By way of an amazing gift to Crossroads Career Network, we have integrated the Job Connection technology platform into our ministry, bringing 28 new member churches into the network. We are working to bring the CCN curriculum to them in 2016, greatly expanding our reach.
- Our members have reached over 3,000 explorers face-to-face this year, with encouragement, wisdom and love; as they seek jobs, careers and God’s calling.
- Brian’s new book, Created for Good Works, about why the Church should help people find jobs, careers and God’s calling, is published and being distributed nationwide.
- We have added our first member church in China.
For the Planned
We are convinced that God has big things planned for CCN in 2016. While amazing Kingdom work has been done through our member churches this year, we are being called to grow in impact and reach in 2016. The need is great, as we strive to help more people realize the powerful truth behind Ephesians 2:10,
“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”
While it is exciting to be working with 100 member churches in career ministry, the potential is there in over 300,000 Christian churches in the United States alone. I invite you to join us in the expansion of this powerful ministry in 2016, by prayerfully considering an end-of-year financial gift. We are committed to being aligned with God’s plans as we steward the resources that come to us.
While our current financial model provides revenues that cover daily operational expenses, we are in a season where donations are needed to fuel future growth, through the strategic addition of staff, enhanced training options for volunteers, and additional offerings to assist teens and their families as they try to determine “what’s next” after high school. We also need offerings for smaller churches who want to get started in career ministry, but only have one or two volunteers available to get started. Finally, we must effectively market what we have to offer to churches. Word-of-mouth has gotten us to our current level of membership. A more robust marketing approach is needed at this time.
There are multiple ways you can contribute. Crossroads Career Services is a 501 (c)(3). In order for your donations to be tax deductible for 2015, they must be given by December 31, 2015.
Your contribution will fund the expansion of a ministry that has been impacting lives for Christ for almost 30 years, as our members show people how much God cares about them and their current job/career situation. We help people find jobs, but more importantly we help restore hope, faith, and identity as we love them and bring them the strong message of Christ.
Giving thanks always – for the past, present and planned! John Freeze